In memory of ...
This page is dedicated to those from our field who have passed away.
Please send a message to the MTNet email list informing us of the sad event,
and contact email@example.com if you wish to have a deceased collegue included on this page.
Please provide name, institution and short biography (if desired). Anecdotes, recollections, photographs, etc. are all very welcome.
- 30 November, 2015: Dr. Chip Cox, Scripps, USA
- 23 March, 2014: Prof. Gaston Fischer, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- 10 November, 2013: Prof. Ted Madden, MIT, USA
- 06 February, 2013: Prof. Ebong Mbipom, University of Calabar, Nigeria
- 21 January, 2013: Prof. Ahmet Mete Isikara, Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute, Istanbul, Turkey
- 21 March, 2011: Prof. D. Ian Gough, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- 20 March, 2011: Dr. B.J. Srivastava, Head of the Hyderabad Magnetic Observatory, NGRI, India
- 19 February, 2011: Dr. BP Singh, Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Mumbai, India
- 5 October, 2009: Dr. David Summers, Edinburgh Napier University
- 10 September, 2009: Prof. David Rankin, formerly University of Alberta, Canada
- 11 August, 2009: Prof. Mark Berdichevsky, Moscow, Russia
- 1 July, 2009: Prof. Peter Weidelt, Braunschweig, Germany
- 15 June, 2009: Dr. Luiz Rijo, Brazil
- 26 May, 2009: Dr. Hugo Fournier, Mendoza, Argentina
- 27 October, 2008: Prof. Ulrich Schmucker, University of Goettingen, Germany.
- 22 June, 2007: Dr. Antony (Tony) White, University of South Australia, Australia.
- 17 May, 2006: Prof. Oldrich Praus, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, The Czech Republic.
- 8 April, 2005: Dr. Hartmut Joedicke, University of Muenster, Germany.
- 1 April, 2004: Dr. V.R.S. (Rosemary) Hutton, University of Edinburgh, Scotland.